The engineers of the Sono Solar team are working on the next generation of vehicle-integrated solar products - in addition to the Sion, also for other vehicles of the transportation sector. As electrical engineer you will be primarily responsible for the development of our battery solutions and integration with our PV Power Electronics for the transportation sector. The role requires strong technical fundamentals and a passion for pushing the boundaries of our technology. Does this sound like a challenge you're up for?
Your tasks in detail:
- You are responsible for the further development of our electrical solar integration systems with strong focus on Battery integration for the transportation sector
- You are responsible for the full range of requirements definition and analysis, product design and development, production and testing of battery solutions for our Solar Integration Systems
- You collaborate with our external partners in regards of the mechanical and electrical design and integration of LV and HV batteries into different vehicle types
- You design, test and validate our solar systems incl. battery for different customer projects
- You also take care of the design of wiring harness and enclosures
- You work hands-on on the test bench and on the vehicles to test and validate our components and systems
- You have a Master/Diploma in electrical engineering or similar
- More than 5 years of professional experience in developing and integrating electrical components into vehicles - best case in the heavy vehicle industry
- Professional work experience in the PV industry is a plus
- Deep understanding of HV batteries (battery management systems, cell types, electrical configuration, mechanical design) as well as HV and LV wiring
- Technical knowledge about Solar Powered Systems incl. PV Modules and power electronics
- You have advanced expertise in CAD Design of Batteries and other Power Electronic Components
- You have a hands-on mentality and enjoy working on the test bench or vehicles
- Living sustainable is important to you - in your private and professional life
- Fluent English is a must - fluent German a plus
For you to consider before applying our job offer: In a small company organized the way we are, the traditional employer-employee relationship is replaced with a partnership. You cannot expect the same service, support, and infrastructure as you would in a large organization. Things you miss might need to be initiated and created by you. You are regarded as someone who is really important in terms of how our company is doing, not just as someone who comes in and does their job. You will have more responsibility for the whole picture, and you will also be able to have a greater impact than in a larger organization. You will feel a bit more insecure than you might in a larger organization. How the company is doing financially has a more direct correlation to your employment. The owners will work together with you, but they will not manage the company - you and your colleagues will. You will be required to contribute and take initiative. You will have to adapt to the fact that not everything will be in place, taken care of or running perfectly. To work in this way open and straightforward communication is essential. This is a strong part of our culture.
A visionary, courageous team, motivated to make solar integration into vehicles a big thingA very dynamic company where missing structures or processes are met with creative ideas and a lot of creative energy.A learning culture characterized by transparency and values where it is allowed to make mistakes, ask any question and look for ways to improve for the customer, the team and yourself.Flexible work hours and workplace choices that allow for staying healthy during the Corona pandemic.A no-print policy, sustainably produced coffee, a vegan catering service, and more.